Best Texas Hill Country Wineries: 2019 Local Guide
Wine tour popularity has exploded over the past few years, and some of the nation’s best wineries are located right in our backyards.
With dozens of wineries surrounding the San Antonio and Austin area, we’ve compiled a list of the Best Texas Hill Country wineries to visit in 2019. No matter the ambiance or flavors you’re after, the Texas Hill Country has the ideal wine tour for you.
From Fredericksburg to Johnson City, check out the top Texas Hill Country Wineries.
- Duchman Family Winery — Driftwood, TX — With outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Google, the Duchman Family Winery is a standout winery in the Hill Country. Located southwest of Austin, you will lose yourself in the Italian villa-style winery, surrounded by plenty of greenery to keep you cool in the hot summer months.
The owners of the Duchman Family Winery source only grapes of Italian varieties, which serves as a unique twist to the traditional Texas wine flavors. The Duchman Family Winery is available for wine tours, corporate events, and weddings.
- Pedernales Cellars — Stonewall, TX — The Pedernales Cellars, named after the Pedernales River that runs through the Texas Hill Country, boasts a spectacular deck with a gorgeous view while you sip on Spanish and Rhone-style wines.
Located just over an hour north of San Antonio, the Pedernales Cellars specializes in Tempranillo and Viognier and has been a staple in the Hill Country for its rich blends of Texas flavors in Spanish-style wines.
- Hilmy Cellars — Fredericksburg, TX — Fredericksburg has emerged as the hot spot for Hill Country wineries, and the Hilmy Cellars separates itself with its modern design and specialty red and white wine blends.
Hilmy wines use 100-percent Texas-raised fruit in all their barrels, and many reviewers highlight the high-quality white wine blends, which can be difficult to find in the expansive Texas Hill Country.
- Inwood Estates Vineyards — Fredericksburg, TX — Another standout in the great town of Fredericksburg, Inwood Estates Vineyards prides itself on their robust red wine blends, all made from the best Texas grapes.
Named one of the Best Wineries in the Nation in 2017, Inwood Estates Vineyards features Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon in some of the top-rated restaurants in Texas. Enjoy a high-class luncheon on your next stop at Inwood Estates Vineyards.
- Kuhlman Cellars — Stonewall, TX — A unique experience you won’t get at any other Texas Winery, each glass of wine you sample is paired with a small appetizer created by renowned San Antonio chef, Chris Cook, whose impressive resume includes Brasserie Pavil and the Omni La Mansion del Rio.
Enjoy a spectacular view with their rooftop seating, where you can enjoy their specialty calcaria and barranca blends. Book your next wine tour, and savor the delicious tastes while enjoying the outdoor Hill Country breeze.
- Wedding Oak Winery — San Saba, TX — Nestled about an hour and a half northwest of Austin, the Wedding Oak Winery in San Saba, TX, produces numerous award-winning whites and white blends that pair perfectly with the Hill Country summers.
With a namesake from the 400-year-old oak tree near their winery, Wedding Oak Winery provides a quiet backdrop for your group to enjoy Texas-made wines. Their Albarnio and Bridal Veil blends are always a standout in their numerous five-star reviews.
Plan Your Next Wine Tour
With dozens of top-rated wineries in the Hill Country, it’s important to visit those whose wines will satisfy your palate. Whether you prefer dry wine, sweet Moscato, or a rich red blend, check out this handy winery map for your next wine tour.
The Hill Country is also home to numerous wine tour booking services, such as Majesty Wine tours and Discover Texas Wine, to take the stress of planning off your shoulders. You’ll be sure to find all the best wines to suit your exact tastes.