San Antonio Singles Events: Cool Dating Ideas for 2019
Just because San Antonio was voted by Amazon as the most romantic city in the nation, doesn’t mean it’s always simple to find love in the big city. San Antonio’s dating scene is home to many singles bars (The Esquire Tavern included) – but is also home to a plethora of events that happen every year that are great for potentially finding that special someone. Everyone wants to meet someone that shares mutual interests, and San Antonio provides numerous events focused on food, music, beer, healthy living – and even more foodie events! Ready to potentially meet your soulmate? Start planning your 2019 and check out these exciting San Antonio events.
1. San Antonio Cocktail Conference (January 10th – January 14th) – Celebrating its 7th year, The San Antonio Cocktail Conference is consistently one of the best events for cocktails across the nation. Even better? The Esquire Tavern consistently participates in the event, and this year, we feature Chef Brooke Smith as a featured chef. Drinks, music, food – what better atmosphere for the dating scene in San Antonio.
2. Culinaria Restaurant Weeks (January 14th – January 26th) – If there’s one thing San Antonio does well, it’s food. Culinaria Restaurant Week is a city-wide celebration of the city’s best locales for food. Enjoy discounted dishes at some of the city’s best restaurants, with select dishes made just for the Culinaria event. With many participating restaurants across the city, you’re bound to meet some single women or single men with the same taste in food as you.
3. Fiesta 2019 (April 18th – April 28th) – We can’t create a list of San Antonio events without mentioning Fiesta. With dozens of events with all different types of people at each event, it’s a perfect backdrop for San Antonio singles. From Night in Old San Antonio to numerous parades, and high-end events like Taste of The North Side, the opportunities are endless.
4. Tejano Conjunto Festival (May 15th – May 19th) – The oldest and longest-running Tejano Conjunto Festival happens every year in San Antonio! A family-friendly festival, the Tejano Conjunto Festival is great for the single crowd with children or looking for a specific kind of person. Food, music, and plenty of dancing can be expected at this festival.
5. Siclovia – Held bi-annually in San Antonio, Siclovia is great for singles who enjoy the outdoors and healthy living. A free event, Siclovia encourages San Antonians to get out and get active in car-free streets. With various food trucks, local business and organizations included, Siclovia consistently attracts a large crowd to the greater San Antonio area. Bring your bike, scooter, or pet – and meet dozens of single San Antonians with the same interests as you.
6. Brews and Blooms – The craft beer scene is elusive – a great scene to meet singles like yourself. Hosted by the San Antonio Botanical Gardens annually in September, Brews and Blooms feature a large selection of craft beers from breweries across the nation in the luxe environment in the culinary garden. The booze, food, and music will inspire small-talk from that special someone.
With 2018 coming to a close – and a bustling San Antonio dating scene – more events are soon to be announced throughout the city. Forget about Tinder, Plenty of Fish, or the newest dating apps – the city of San Antonio has events filled with single men and women. Want to meet someone the old-fashioned way? The Esquire Tavern is a great bar for San Antonio singles. With a central downtown location, unique food dishes, and even better cocktail options, The Esquire Tavern is a great backdrop for meeting a love match. Care for a more intimate environment? Check out Downstairs and enjoy a dish from our stellar chef, Brooke Smith.