The Esquire Tavern: Your Must Eat Place in San Antonio
Is there really a "must eat place in San Antonio?" That depends. Do you require food that's varied, tasty, and one of a kind? Are you at all interested in devouring the best burger you've ever put in your mouth? Does your idea of the perfect night out revolve around great drinks, good friends, and a cool and comfortable place to hang out? If any of these apply to you, then yes, there is a must eat place in San Antonio: The Esquire — formally known as The Esquire Tavern.
If you've never been, be assured that they have all the basics you and your friends are expecting: beer on tap, happy-hour appetizers and drink specials, and a long wooden bar with room for everyone. In fact, The Esquire has the longest wooden bar in Texas, and that's just one aspect of its illustrious history. How's that for a must eat place in San Antonio?
Need even more reasons that The Esquire should be your dinner-and-drink destination? We've got 'em!
- Burgers, steaks, and seafood that will make you wonder why you've been eating anywhere else.
- Downstairs. It's a great little getaway from the main action, featuring an abbreviated menu, full drink selection, and quiet atmosphere that's great for conversation.
- Nominated for a James Beard Award (for culinary excellence) earlier this year — and they don't give those to just anybody!
- Hanging out with vegetarians? They'll love the fried pickles, falafel salad, or chocolate mousse — which doesn't contain any actual moose.
- The best "Old Fashioned" in town — really, Texans voted!
- Named one of the "funnest" bars by Thrillist magazine.
- Passionate mixologists who can make all the classics or swirl you up something fun and completely new.
Reservations are not required at The Esquire Tavern, but you might want to make one just to ensure you get a great table. It is the must eat place in San Antonio, after all. Call 210-222-2521 to book a table, or use the contact page. See ya there!